(First Date of Publication: 15th March, 2019)
Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal is an NGO dedicated to Human Rights, Peace Building and Integrated Rural Development in the Kalikot and Dailekh districts of Karnali province and Achham district of Sudur Pachhim Province of Nepal. It works with a mission to enable marginalized people. SOSEC is going to implement Balhelp line 1098 Under AADHAR Project (Promotion of rights of women, children and youth in Dailekh and Kalikot districts, Karnali province, Nepal) partnering with AEIN in Dailekh and Kalikot district. For this, we seek application from competent and self-motivated Nepali citizen for the following positions. Positions are based in Dailekh & support Kalikot also.
Designation : Legal Officer
No. : One (1)
- Provides legal counsel and guidance to the staffs of the institution and other upper management on all legal matters relevant to a large public institution, including personnel law, policies, procedures, rules,and regulations, and laws relating to clients of shelter.
- Anticipates and identifies legal issues and counsels officers of the institution and other upper management in order to develop legal strategies and solutions, often in situations of great political, public relations, or financial risk or significance, and with limited time for assessing alternatives.
- Reviews, researches, interprets, and prepares both written and oral opinions on a wide variety of legal issues.
- Drafts, reviews, and approves policies and procedures, regulations, bylaws, and other legal documents.
- Reviews contracts, leases, and other legal documents; researches legal issues and recommends revisions as necessary.
- Represents or oversees the representation of the institution and upper management in judicial and administrative proceedings, and in negotiations with other state agencies.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives; oversees recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of unit staff.
- Selects and retains outside counsel, as required, to obtain legal opinions or to handle claims and litigation.
- Supervises legal work of other Organizational attorneys, paralegals, and outside counsel; consults on difficult or sensitive issues.
- Provides training to the community on various legal issues through workshops, orientations, seminars and meetings.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest developments in law and in other related areas.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned and directed by organization.
Qualification & Experiences;
- Education: – Bachelor of Lagislative Law (LLB).
- Woprking experience 3 years in Legal counsel in Shelter in I/NGOs.
Information about Exam:
Types of Exam: Written and Interview
Service & Facilities: As per Organization’s rules and regulation
Interested candidates are requested to submit their cover letter along with updated CV, photocopies of citizenship and qualification by 20th March, 2019 SOSEC’s head office Dailekh or Email in email@example.com. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Any kind of external influence will automatically disqualify the candidate. All rights related with recruitment process will be held by recruitment committee.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Dalit, Women and marginalized community candadits, Dailekh citizen are encouraged to apply.
For more details
Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal Dailekh
Phone no: 089-410096/410187, Fax no: 089-410093
Bal Helpline; 1098, tol free no : 16608942001
Visit website: www.sosec.org.np