(First Date of Publication: 15th March, 2019)
Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal is an NGO dedicated to Human Rights, Peace Building and Integrated Rural Development in the Kalikot and Dailekh districts of Karnali province and Achham district of Sudur Pachhim Province of Nepal. It works with a mission to enable marginalized people. SOSEC is going to implement Various Project/programs partnering with different bilateral development agencies in Karnali and Sudur pachhim province districts. For this, we seek application from competent and self-motivated Nepali citizen for the following positions. ED positions are based in Dailekh.
Designation : Executive Director
No. : One (1)
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal Dailekh. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Executive Committee of SOSEC Nepal Dailekh.
SOSEC Board Governance:
- Responsible for leading in Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal Dailekh in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Executive Committee of SOSEC Nepal Dailekh.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Develop and implement strategic plans in collaboration with the Board and Staff.
- Develop and implement administrative plans in collaboration with the Board and Staff.
- Recommend and develop relevant policies with Policy Committee.
- Implement policies and procedures.
- Ensure the agenda and supporting reports for Board meetings are provided to Board members prior to monthly meetings.
- Attend Board meetings.
- Communicate with the Executive Committee of SOSEC Nepal Dailekh in a concise, clear, comprehensive manner, to ensure that the Board has adequate information on Society activities to carry out effective decision making.
- Participate in meetings of the Executive committees as required.
- Participate in other administrative functions as designated by the Board.
- Attend and report at Annual General Meetings.
- Financial Performance and Viability:
- Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal Dailekh, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal Dailekh’s mission.
- Oversee all accounting functions, including payroll, financial reporting funding agencies.
- Provide information to the agency’s auditor regarding preparation of annual financial statements.
- Organization Mission and Strategy:
Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal Dailekh’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal Dailekh can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal Dailekh’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- D) Organization Operations.
Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible effective administration of Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal Dailekh’s operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Maintain an overview which ensures that all plans and practices fit with overall goals set by the Strategic Plan.
- Design and develop programs and services that meet contract expectations and guidelines and/or that address one or more of the Society’s planned initiatives.
- Ensure all programs and services comply with contractual parameters.
- Ensure provision of regular statistical program reporting to Board and funders.
- Conduct an annual evaluation of all programs and services.
- Collaborate with other service organizations to ensure best practices, information sharing and capacity building.
- Develop and maintain administrative support systems as needed by the Society
- Oversee and ensure risk management policies and procedures are in place to protect the agency, employees and/or volunteers from liability and other claims.
- E) Human Resources:
The Executive Director will ensure the effective management of the human resources of the organization.
- Be familiar with the Organization’s personnel policies, Employment Standards Act, Collective Agreement and all relevant legislation.
- Provide leadership to Staff, build a strong and collaborative team, facilitate open lines of communication, ensure ongoing development, recognition and appreciation.
- Develop job descriptions and annually review and adjust if necessary.
- Ensure Staff are informed and knowledgeable about operational policies and procedures and their implications and relevance to agency operations.
- Ensure Staff have and maintain the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to carry out their duties.
- Ensure new Staff are oriented to programs, policies and procedures, including their terms and conditions of employment.
- Ensure Staff are adequately supervised and supported in their work.
- Implement and manage an annual performance review process for all Staff.
- Oversee recruitment and hiring processes.
- Deal with Staff honestly and fairly and maintain open communication.
- Contract Administration:
The Executive Director is responsible for contract negotiations and for ensuring that contractual obligations are met.
- Review, negotiate and renew all contracts and extensions.
- Be familiar with all contractual obligations and commitments of the Society.
- Liaise and develop effective relationships with funding sources and regulatory bodies and ensure the submission of required reports and contract timelines are met.
- Research, develop and submit funding proposals and applications for funding from government and other sources.
- Behavioral Competencies:
- Is decisive, able to reach timely decisions and initiate action appropriately.
- Follows through on commitments, obligations for projects and Staffing needs, according to Organization’s mission, goals, and overall philosophy of the Board and the Society.
- Deals with Staff honestly and fairly and maintains open communication with Staff.
- Plans and organizes time effectively and efficiently.
- Uses common sense and good judgment in business transactions.
- Represents organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Accepts public criticism and responds appropriately.
- Follows up on all problems and issues brought to her attention.
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serving as Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal Dailekh’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal Dailekh’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Executive Committee of SOSEC Nepal Dailekh to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of organization.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- A Master’s degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal Dailekh’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
Information about Exam:
Types of Exam: Written and Interview
Date of Exam: inform only shortlist candidate
Service & Facilities: As per Organization’s rules and regulation
Interested candidates are requested to submit their cover letter along with updated CV, photocopies of citizenship and qualification by 4th April, 2019 SOSEC’s head office Dailekh or Email in firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Any kind of external influence will automatically disqualify the candidate. All rights related with recruitment process will be held by recruitment committee.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Dalit, Women and marginalized community candadits & Dailekh citizen, are encouraged to apply.
For more details
Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal Dailekh
Phone no: 089-410096/41018, Fax no: 089-410093
Bal Helpline; 1098, tol free no: 16608942001
Visit website: www.sosec.org.np