SOSEC Nepal is implementing Promotion of health and education rights and improvement in daily lives of Raute people (Raute Project) and Climate and Gender Responsive Resilient Agriculture and Enterprises in Karnali River Basin (Green Karnali) Project partnering with AEIN Luxemburg and DCA Nepal respectively at Dailekh, Achham and Surkhet district. For this, we seek application from competent and self-motivated Nepali citizen for the following positions. The position is based in Surkhet and Dailekh.
Designation: Program Director (Province Office, Surkhet)
Number of Position: One (1)
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Leads the planning processes and ensures the annual detailed implementation plan including realistic phased budget outlining major activities and timeline for the funds allocated in required planning templates provided by the donor agencies, Ministries, and organization.
- Coordinates with field office and district teams including thematic focal person to design a robust field visit plan, self-assessments and monitoring systems including follow up on recommendations with relevant department and impact areas.
- Ensure the program expenditure in an effective way and reasonable justification and plan for revision of budget if necessary.
- Supervises and provides guidance to the focal persons in different themes in the planning, implementation and monitoring of programs and project plan as per the given guidelines.
- Ensures that the programs have minimum quality benchmarks/standards in place and is exclusively followed at all levels.
- Ensures the M & E plans, log-frame of the project and themes is well familiar and understood by staff and partner staff of related themes, is exclusively used and reported.
- Is responsible to coordinate with MEAL for analysing data, identifying concerns or learnings, and scaling up to Field thematic coordinators/Managers/MEAL or as relevant that data from including development of Quality Benchmarks.
- Support in facilitating and preparing draft guideline, policies, and programs as per the need basis with the coordination with Plaikas, provincial government and stakeholders.
- Ensures programmatic and financial accountability including tracking of program progress and budget expense in the use of funds and achievement of all related projects in alignment with Annual Plan and phased budget.
- Ensures that programs meet excels Minimum Operating Standards of key programmatic interventions including Gender and Social Inclusion principles.
- Identifies best practices, problems and issues around program implementation and works toward finding solutions for improvements, documenting, disseminating and in consultation with relevant departments and themes.
- Engages with government line agencies and profile programs for influencing future scale up, including advocacy for children, protection of the community related policy and procedures at local level/provincial level.
- Contribute towards developing and implementation of new ideas/innovations and its documentation of processes and its results, based on learning.
- Develop a sharing and learning culture within organization for promoting best practices from related programs to other programs.
- In close consultation with Technical Managers, take initiatives in generating information that are required to add values in on-going programmes or for the programmes visualized for future
- Ensure proper documentation of the project including and not limited to learning, lessons learned, best practices, case studies. In this context coordinate with Media and Communication, Program Planning and Documentation unit to develop the documentation plan and dissemination at various levels.
- Work as a member of Humanitarian Response Team if required in Emergency preparedness and response for vulnerable children and women.
- Coordinate with organization management team, fund raising team and board members in seeking better opportunities.
- Aware of the national and international call and set the priority for bidding the process.
- Assist fund raising team of the organization in submission of EOI and proposal to different organizations.
- Ensure the capability of skill for submission of EOI and proposal in time if needed.
- Have sound knowledge of all the policies, project implemented by the organizations.
- Ensure zero tolerance policy of the organization within the project.
- Minimum of 3 years, (2 years for GESI group*) Experience on managerial role including grants management, strategic work planning processes, team building, and financial management.
Preferred master’s degree in Education/Management, Social Science or relevant discipline.
- Good understanding of Program management, Humanitarian context, Empowering and Advocacy issues in Nepal/ District.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Nepali and good report writing skills.
Designation: Project Coordinator (Green Karnali Project)
Number of Position: One (1)
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and support to the project and its staff members in assessing the context and needs; in planning and implementing interventions; and in monitoring and reporting.
- Track budget vs expenses on monthly basis and develop corrective action plan if required and ensure its implementation.
- Implement plan with the quality & budget as stipulated in the detail implementation plan and phased budget.
- Contribute to the development of relations with counterparts (civil society organization, MGs, cooperatives and stakeholders) and work towards their strengthening through the Capacity and needs assessment of CBOs/CFUGs/LFUGs/MGs/CSOs and the field staffs in relation to organizing program interventions
- Support the project staff members/coordinators to ensure the participation of marginalized groups/NGOs of women, young people and ethnic minorities in the civil society networks, Community Security Working Groups; and to engage them to participate in the resilient livelihoods, dialogue and advocacy on people-based security provision.
- Support the organization and facilitation of events (dialogue meetings, workshops, training and seminars) with participation of CBOs/CFUGs/LFUGs/MGs/CSOs, project staff and the team.
- Support and contribute to research undertaken by RLSFS project and SOSEC.
- Together with the team, contribute to the monitoring of risks to the safety of team and the development of appropriate responses to manage them.
- Take on other administrative tasks as assigned by the Project Coordinator, such as updating the database, taking minutes, translating documents and assisting with logistics for travel, etc.
- Help develop appropriate advocacy strategies – in co-operation with district and local level institutions and the team.
- Monitor and analyze the official and non-governmental debates on issues relevant to the project.
- Share within the team the lessons and knowledge of thematic approaches, particularly experience on project modality, approach and interventions.
- Assist in the fund raising part of the organization and for the organizational development.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCES;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Agriculture or related area of studies, Masters in Agriculture is value added.
- A good overview of good governance, sustainable livelihood, marketing, DRR and CCA issues, and an active interest in the workings of civil society networks;
- A minimum of 3-year relevant work experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential
Information about Exam:
Types of Exam: Written and Interview
Publication of Short list: 24th Jan, 2022
Date of Exam: Conformed after Shortlist for Shortlisted Candidates only.
Service & Facilities: As per Organization’s rules and regulation
Interested candidates are requested to submit their cover letter along with updated CV, photocopies of citizenship and qualification by 23rd Jan 2022 at SOSEC’s head office Dailekh or Email in firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Any kind of external influence will automatically disqualify the candidate. All rights related with recruitment process will be held by recruitment committee.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Women, Dalit and marginalized community candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more details
Social Service Centre (SOSEC) Nepal Dailekh
Phone no: 089-410096/410187
Fax no: 089-410093