(Date of Publication: 29th March, 2023)
SOSEC Nepal is working by giving high priority and sensitivity on the right of women and children under the principle of integrated development approach to obtain right of women, children, raute community and backwarded communities in Dailekh, Kalikot and Surkhet districts of Karnali Province and Achham district of Sudurpaschim Province of Nepal with the coordination and collaboration with different development partner organizations. The organization is also adopting zero tolerance policy on violence against women & children and corruption.
SOSEC has been implementing two different technical programmes Bhagabatimai RM in Dailekh; 1) Protection and Community Engagement Sponsorship (PCESP), an2) Inclusive Quality Education (IQE) partnering with World Vision International Nepal. For this, we seek application from competent and self-motivated Nepali citizen for the Finance & Admin Officer positions. The position is based in Dailekh Bazar & Bhagwatimai Rural Municipality.
- Advertised No : 011-01-079/080
Designation : Finance and Admin Officer
Number of Position : One (1)
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF FINANACE AND ADMIN OFFICER
- General financial recording and book keeping using IPAS accounting software following World Vision Chart of Account.
- Support and ensure all the payments are made following proper financial procedures.
- Ensure proper supporting documents for expense verification
- Preparation and administration of payroll adhering the required compliance.
- Issuance and settlement of of employee advance.
- Reconciliation of payable and receivable ledger.
- Preparation of bank reconciliation.
- Keep the scan copy of voucher and submit to donor.
- Support the project/program team in preparation of monthly and anuual budget.
- Analysis of administrative cost preparation and it’s sharing to each project on fair share basis.
- Provide financial analysis to the project/Program lead including the board
- Preparation of donor financial report and MIS report and shared as per the agreed timeline to the donor and project lead.
- Orient non-financial employee on financial requirement of the project/program and organization.
- Preparation and analysis of fund/cash flow forecast
- Ensure each and every expense are valid and meets minimum financial requirements.
- Field monitoring from financial point of view.
- Provide financial analysis and monitoring during procurement
- Report any potential fraud and misusage identified during project implementation.
- Interlink the project/program finance with the overall organization financial management system.
- Implementation of suggestion and feedback provided by WVIN finance focal person and auditor
- Support in procurement and supply chain including LTA with vendor
- Preparation of Annual Procurement plan
- Monthly Supply Chain report
- Admin and logistic arrangement including vehicle management
- Asset management and handling
- Ensure internal control measures are in place and are followed appropriately.
- Assist in all type of audit ( Internal, donor, external)
- Any task as assigned by the supervisor and board.
- Liaised with government agencies such as, Tax Office concerning annual audit report, tax clearance, DPAC etc.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree of Commerce, Business Studies or Equivalent
- Master’s degree in finance/Accounting or Equivalent, preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in independently handling budgeting, financial accounting, planning and analysis in I/NGO and preferably within WVIN projects.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of MS office Package (Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.) & Internet
- Experience of working in a computerized accounting environment like IPAS, FAMAS.
- Ability to lead financial management of the project/program and make the linkage of this with overall financial management of the organization
- General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Good command of English & Nepali languages (written & spoken)
- Practical knowledge of project budgeting, accounting & reporting
- Able to articulate and communicate ideas well verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of tax and compliance
- Demonstrated Mentoring, Orientation & Training Skill
- Good interpersonal, problem-solving & time management skills
- Willingness to work under pressure with tight deadlines and to travel across the project areas.
INFORMATION ABOUT EXAM:
Types of Exam: Written and Interview
Publication of Short list: 3nd April, 2023
Date of Exam: Conformed after Shortlist for Shortlisted Candidates only.
Service & Facilities: As per Organization’s rules and regulation
Interested candidates are requested to submit their cover letter along with provided CV format at https://sosec.org.np/np/?p=3471 photocopies of citizenship and qualification by 2nd April, 2023 in firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Any kind of external influence will automatically disqualify the candidate. All rights related with recruitment process will be held by recruitment committee.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Women, Dalit, Sexual and Gender minorities, and people from marginalized community are encouraged to apply.
For more details
SOSEC Nepal Dailekh
Phone no: 089-410096/410187
Fax no: 089-410093
Visit website: www.sosec.org.np