(Date of Publication: 6th April, 2023)
SOSEC Nepal is working by giving high priority and sensitivity on the right of women and children under the principle of integrated development approach to obtain right of women, children, raute community and backwarded communities in Dailekh, Kalikot and Surkhet districts of Karnali Province and Achham district of Sudurpaschim Province of Nepal with the coordination and collaboration with different development partner organizations. The organization is also adopting zero tolerance policy on violence against women & children and corruption.
SOSEC Nepal has been implementing SAHAYATRA II Project partnering with Save the Children. For this, we seek application from competent and self-motivated Nepali citizen for the following position. The position is based in Dailekh (Gurans Rural Municipality).
- Advertised No : 012-01-079/080
Designation : Program Manager
Number of Position : One (1)
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF PROGRAM MANAGER
Planning & Budgeting:
Leads the planning processes and ensures the annual detailed implementation plan including realistic phased budget outlining major activities and timeline for the funds allocated in required planning templates provided by the Save the children.
- Ensures appropriate fund allocation and expenditure on a monthly basis and take corrective measures by revisiting plans and communicating timely with Save the Children.
- Reviews the project’s BVAs and report on any glitches identified in comparison to the Finance Save the Children sent Program BVA monthly basis.
- Coordinates with Field office and district teams including thematic focal person to design a robust field visit plan, self-assessments and monitoring systems including follow up on recommendations with relevant department and impact areas.
- Leads the revision of budgets during budget forecast and on exchange rate fluctuations as per organizational procedures.
- Coordinates with Thematic Specialists of Save the Children for technical assistance as required and with Project Coordinator-Integrated, Save the Children for day-to-day function of the contact office.
Supervises and provides guidance to the focal persons in different themes in the planning, implementation and monitoring of programs and project plan as per the given guidelines.
- Ensures that the programs have minimum quality benchmarks/standards in place and is exclusively followed at all levels.
- Ensures the M & E plans, log-frame of the project and themes is well familiar and understood by staff and partner staff of related themes, is exclusively used and reported.
- Ensures that all action plans developed after project reviews, monitoring visits, evaluations and assessments are followed up and completed by respective themes on time.
- Identifies strengths and improvement areas of staff members and partners for quality delivery of the projects and comes up with plans to improve such gaps via coaching, mentoring, on the spot support etc.
- Ensures that OPMIS is well understood, optimized for all themes at all levels – by partners, project team in the clusters and regular update is done
- Is responsible to coordinate with MEAL for analysing data from OPMIS, identifying concerns or learnings and scaling up to Field thematic coordinators/Managers/MEAL or to partners as relevant that data from including development of Quality Benchmarks.
Programme Operations & Management:
Ensures programmatic and financial accountability including tracking of program progress and budget expense in the use of funds and achievement of all related projects in alignment with Annual Plan and phased budget.
- Ensure the POM- program operations manual and its components are prepared, understood by relevant staff, and kept in place for monitoring.
- Ensure and collect the information about project progress from field staff, analyse the expenses Vs activity delivery and submit to Save the Children in a monthly basis.
- Ensures that programs meet KPIs and /or excels Minimum Operating Standards of key programmatic interventions including Gender and Social Inclusion principles.
Innovation and Scale:
Identifies best practices, problems and issues around program implementation and works toward finding solutions for improvements, documenting, disseminating and in consultation with relevant departments and themes.
- Coordinates with Thematic coordinators/ managers in Save the Children, TA providers to promote and pilot innovations in program areas as relevant.
- Works with individuals and teams at all levels to encourage and facilitate operational research and materialize findings of all research and evaluations including OPMIS information during program design/planning.
- Engages with government line agencies and profile programs for influencing future scale up, including advocacy for children related policy and procedures at local level/provincial level.
- Contributes towards developing and implementation of new ideas/innovations and its documentation of processes and its results, based on learning.
- Ensures effective monitoring and evaluations are carried out for deriving lessons learned, best practices and that monitoring is effective in terms of deriving quick analysis of progresses for immediate corrective actions and measurement of results Documentation & Reporting:
Is responsible for timely and quality reports preparation and submission to Save the Children international.
- Coordinates with Thematic coordinators/Managers and project focal points including MEAL, and Documentation Officer to ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and documentation of program activities and best practices.
- Develops a sharing and learning culture within organization for promoting best practices from related programs to other programs.
- In close consultation with Technical Managers, take initiatives in generating information that are required to add values in on-going programmes or for the programmes visualized for future
- Ensure proper documentation of the project including and not limited to learning, lessons learned, best practices, case studies. In this context coordinate with Media and Communication, Program Planning and Documentation unit to develop the documentation plan and dissemination at various levels.
Is responsible for the partnership in terms of compliance, zero tolerance, audits and management response, and response recommends for improvements.
- Ensures strong linkages and coordination among provincial Network Partnerships including those with line government agencies and offices
- Ensure the fulfilled all the clauses mentioned in the agreement and aware about SC partnership essence and policies for better implementation of the projects.
- Identify the capacity in terms of technical excellency, management and networking, develop plan of action and intervene capacity development interventions.
Representation and Networking:
Collaboration and coordination with government counterparts, external development partners and donors at Palika and District level.
- Is part of relevant state networks and coalitions and ensures state/district/local level networks is well represented as necessary
- Supports program areas to build strong networks with other NGOs, CSOs, UN agencies and Government line agencies working on children’s issues to promote coordination and resource sharing at the local level.
- Support team for the development of new bids.
- Work with the Deputy Executive Director, Technical Director, Program Manager and other staff to develop and coordinate for specific project funding proposals and bids to institutional donors, trusts and foundations.
- Build a positive relationship between SOSEC and its financial supporters to maintain and grow their support.
- Seek opportunities of fundraising and assist the fundraising team in preparing proposals, EOI and concept notes.
- Report monthly on fundraising activities to the Program Manager.
- As a lead person of Baal Helpline 1098 and Emergency Shelter of Dailekh and Kalikot districts coordinate with concerned authorities for funding and sustainable operation of these centres.
Academic Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as social sciences, development studies etc and preferred English Subject holder
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in program management, preferably with an NGO.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge in fundraising and donor relations.
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required
INFORMATION ABOUT EXAM:
Types of Exam: Written and Interview
Publication of Short list: 11th April, 2023
Date of Exam: Conformed after Shortlist for Shortlisted Candidates only.
Service & Facilities: As per Organization’s rules and regulation
Interested candidates are requested to submit their cover letter along with provided CV format at https://sosec.org.np/np/?p=3471 photocopies of citizenship and qualification by 10th April, 2023 in firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Any kind of external influence will automatically disqualify the candidate. All rights related with recruitment process will be held by recruitment committee.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Women, Dalit, Sexual and Gender minorities, and people from marginalized community are encouraged to apply.
For more details
SOSEC Nepal Dailekh
Phone no: 089-410096/410187
Fax no: 089-410093
Visit website: www.sosec.org.np