Date of Publication: October 6, 2023)
SOSEC Nepal is working by giving high priority and sensitivity on the right of women and children under the principle of integrated development approach to obtain right of women, children, raute community and backwarded communities in Dailekh, Kalikot and Surkhet districts of Karnali Province and Achham district of Sudurpaschim Province of Nepal with the coordination and collaboration with different development partner organizations. The organization is also adopting zero tolerance policy on violence against women & children and corruption.
SOSEC is implementing PCESP and IQE Project with the support of World Vision International and coordination with Bhagwatimai Rural Municipality, Dailekh. For this, we seek application from competent and self-motivated Nepali citizen for the following position. The position is based in Dailekh (Bhagwatimai Rural Municipality).
Advertised No: 004-01-080/81
Designation: Field Protection Officer (Female)
Number of Position: One (1)
- Manage, monitor and document performance of partner NGOs to ensure that the implementation P&CESP Child Protection related components according to plans, budgets and in alignment with quality standards and benchmarks including GESI.
- Coordinate with the local government and support them in implementing CP & CFLG related programs and procedures.
- Ensure the field implementation guideline for partner on protection projects.
- Coordinate and facilitate appropriate technical support for protection field mobilizer to adequate technical quality in the delivery of SOSEC/WVI Nepal’s CP components of the P&CESP, meeting minimum standards and targets including reaching the most vulnerable children, families and communities, empower communities, and mainstream crosscutting theme – inclusion, disabilities, environment, gender and child protection.
- Prepare timely project reports as per organizational and donors’ requirements.
- In coordination with program coordinator, board member and other WVI Nepal’s departments, lead partner NGOs to prioritize risks, develop and implement mitigation measures.
- Provide in-field support for field mobilizer during key events to strengthen programming quality and results;
- Work with program coordinator to ensure the development and regular use of all technical tools necessary for the successful implementation of the protection project activities – including implementation guideline, quality benchmark, training materials, training curriculum, information materials, BCC materials and other resources;
- Ensure compliance with Child and Adult Safeguarding Management Policy and processes; Coordinate with program coordinator to ensure all Child and Adult Safeguarding Management Policies are met.
- Update information and knowledge gathered through participation of meeting, training, workshop and exchange visit;
Required Professional Experience
- 3 year experience At least 1 years in Protection (for those with Bachelor degree) in the social science, education field.
- Experience coordinating teams and multiple staff
- Recognized experience in operations management and reporting
- Experience in preparing and leading training workshops
- Work experience with NGOs
- Work experience on advocacy Issues.
Required Education, training, license, registration and certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Development Studies, Law, Human Rights, Education or other relevant discipline
- Technical knowledge on Protection technical programming, including a strong emphasis on literacy and learning outcomes for early grade.
- Team building, collaboration, facilitation and leadership skills
- Understanding of Protection programming that takes an empowerment approach including community-led activities and advocacy
- Understanding programme logic, programme design, and programme cycle including project planning, design, monitoring, evaluation
- Demonstrated high capacity to coordinate effectively and build strong working relationships with wide range of people and departments
- Good problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Good analytical skills; ability to critically analyses results data and recommend programme improvements
- Good writing skills and ability to write/edit reports, contribute to grant proposals
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Social Work, Development Studies, Law, Human Rights or other relevant discipline
- Must be able to document monthly, semi-annual and annual reports and transformation stories of P & CESP project in English language.
- Experience in developing grant technical project proposals
- Experience working in a rural or remote district of Nepal
- Experience working in a coordination role at national level
- Adequate reporting and documentation skill in English language.
INFORMATION ABOUT EXAM:
- Types of Exam: Written and Interview
- Publication of Shortlist:14th October, 2023
- Date of Exam: Conformed after Shortlist for Shortlisted Candidates only.
- Service & Facilities: As per Organization’s rules and regulation
Interested candidates are requested to submit their cover letter along with provided CV format at https://sosec.org.np/np/?p=3471 photocopies of citizenship and qualification by 13th October, 2023 in email@example.com Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Any kind of external influence will automatically disqualify the candidate. All rights related with recruitment process will be held by recruitment committee.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Women, Dalit, Sexual and Gender minorities, and people from marginalized community are encouraged to apply. The candiates must be sensitive on safeguarding issues.
For more details
Phone no: 089-410096/410187
Fax no: 089-410093
Visit website: www.sosec.org.np