SOSEC Nepal Dailekh
(Date of Published: 4 January 2024)
SOSEC Nepal, established in 1997, is a non-governmental organization dedicated to enhancing the socio-economic and cultural well-being of rural communities. As a non-profit and non-political organization, SOSEC Nepal collaborates closely with government initiatives, focusing on comprehensive development. Founded by like-minded youths of Dailekh, the organization ensures inclusivity for marginalized groups, including Dalit communities, children, women, and diverse ethnicities. With a primary goal of promoting human rights, health, education, community-based disaster risk reduction, and agricultural development, SOSEC Nepal implementing projects that address the genuine needs of communities, emphasizing skill development over mere input support. The organization operates in coordination & Collaboration with various donors and government agencies across districts in Karnali and Sudurpaschim Provinces, such as Dailekh, Kalikot, Surkhet, Jajarkot, Rukum-west, and Achham. SOSEC Nepal strives to foster positive socio-economic and cultural change. We are following the zero-tolerance policy on violence against women, children and corruption.
The Reporting and Documentation Officer manages key compliances of projects and other policies. This position is Responsible for reporting and documentation of the project as per the need of the project implemented by SOSEC Nepal. He/She is responsible to prepare reports and documents for senior management regarding the status of the project. Similarly, he/she play supportive role in proposal development, EOI documentation and preparing and submission of the concept note. He/she involves in organization development and fundraising part for the organization. The position is based in Dailekh district headquarters with frequent visit to project areas.
SOSEC Nepal is looking qualified, dynamic, competent, and self-motivated Nepali citizens for this Position.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION & REQUREMENTs
Adv. No.: 006-02-080/81
Position: Reporting and Documentation Officer (1-one)
Duty Location: Based in Dailekh district headquarters with frequent visit to project areas
Contract Duration: Long term position, renewal in annual basic
Direct reports to: Executive Director/Deputy Executive Director/MEAL head
Report to this position: Project officer, field staff
Benefit: Salary/Time Off/PF/Gratuity/Insurance/Festival Allowance
Budget Responsibilities: No
Types of Exams: Written and Interview
Education and Experience:
Education: Should have a Bachelor’s (Masters preferred) Management, Social Science, Development studies and other relevant field.
Experience: At least 2 experience in child rights and livelihood improvement-based project implementation and experience of working closely with the government will be an added advantage.
Language: A good communicator, and fluent in English and Nepali
Skills and Abilities: Ability to manage, mentor and lead a team; works collaboratively and independently with the least supervision required. Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Project Coordinator manages key compliances of projects and responsibilities include the coordination with stakeholders and concerned government authorities of District and Local Government and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects, set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize the progress of project. Prepare reports for senior management regarding the status of the project. Besides the Project Coordinator provides support to the project team through assessment, planning, monitoring and documentation, capacity building support (training and facilitation) and coordination with the project staff to implement the interventions of the project. The team will be led with strong motivation and effective workforce management to manage effective implementation through comprehensive planning and problem-solving approaches. He/She will be the key person in the organization’s development process and fundraising part for the organization. The post requires working closely with the management team members to promote people-centered security provisions. He/She will require to be innovative and problem-solving skills to adapt to changes and multiple priorities
KEY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting and Documentation:
- Collecting, organizing, and analysing data related to the organization’s programs and projects.
- Preparing report to communicate program outcomes and impact for the management team, partner organization and stakeholders.
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting to donors, funding agencies, and government bodies.
- Managing the documentation and archiving of program-related materials, such as project proposals, budgets, progress reports, and evaluations.
- Assisting in the development and monitoring of performance indicators and targets for programs.
- Collaborating with program staff to gather relevant information for reporting purposes.
- Maintaining a centralized database or information management system for easy access to program data.
- Maintaining personnel records, including employee contracts, attendance records, leave management, and performance evaluations.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of training programs for staff and volunteers.
- Assisting in facilitating employee onboarding and orientation processes.
- Support to integrate multiple projects and cross cutting themes to contribute to strategic objectives.
- Prepare timely and accurate reports and ensure that they are submitted to relevant stakeholders, including donors, partners, and the organization’s management team.
- Encourage a culture of innovation within the organization to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Stay informed about emerging trends and technologies that could enhance program effectiveness.
- Facilitating effective communication channels within the organization to enhance employee engagement and promote a positive work environment.
- Monitoring, Reporting & Documentation
- Ensure that all the programme data are recorded in digital platform within deadline
- Support team in best utilize the provided digital platforms to input correct data and regular review and analysis
- Produce periodic reports on community feedback, MEAL results in order to review, analyse and make corrective measures to excel quality delivery timely
- Ensure that all the findings from the field monitoring are recorded in the quality benchmark system and accountability system and necessary action plan are made
- Assist line manager to prepare and submit periodic reports (Semi-annual, Annual & other relevant) on time.
- Document key learning from information produced through implementation, monitoring, evaluations and accountability mechanisms.
- Document case studies, best practices, news cuttings, process, visual documentation and other as per project requirement.
- Manage effective communication and coordination with staff, supervisor and all relevant stakeholders to manage programme effectively
- Fund Raising
- Research and keep track of funding opportunities, providing timely information to support the development of new bids.
- Work closely with the Deputy Executive Director, Technical Director, Program Manager and other staff to develop and coordinate for specific project funding proposals and bids to institutional donors, trusts and foundations.
- Assist in Developing SOSEC’s ability to raise unrestricted funds from major donors, corporate and individuals, working with other team members on supporter engagement.
- Assist in Building a positive relationship between SOSEC and its financial supporters to maintain and grow their support.
- Seek opportunities of fundraising and assist the fundraising team in preparing proposals, EOI and concept notes
- Child and Women safeguarding
- Manage all the working environment in the office and working areas are child and female sensitive
- Guide the team and organization in managing protection related matters appropriately
- Lead the organization in complying with all child and adult safe guarding policies, requirements and audits
- Comply with SOSEC policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure zero tolerance policy of the organization within the project.
- Organization Development
- Participate in the team discussions for the development of SOSEC’s strategy for the wider region
- Assisting in the development and review of strategic plans, program frameworks, and project proposals.
- Conducting research and analysis to support program planning and design.
- Contributing to the development of monitoring and evaluation frameworks for programs.
- Participating in meetings, workshops, and consultations related to program development and implementation.
- Collaborating with other departments within the organization to ensure alignment of reporting, and documentation activities with organizational goals
- Contribute towards developing and implementing new ideas/innovations and the documentation of processes and results, based on learning.
- Develop a sharing and learning culture within the organization for promoting best practices from related programs to other programs.
- Ensure proper documentation of the project including learning, lessons learned, best practices, case studies. In this context coordinate with Media and Communication.
- Supporting the design and implementation of organizational change initiatives.
- Facilitating the development and revision of organizational policies, procedures, and structures.
- Conducting organizational assessments and surveys to identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with management and staff to develop action plans for addressing organizational development needs.
- Communications and Advocacy
- Help to develop appropriate advocacy strategies – in cooperation with national, district and local level institutions and the team.
- Monitor and analyse the official and non-governmental debates on issues relevant to the project.
- Represent Project in workshops; training and interactions.
- Create and manage content for various communication channels, including website, social media, newsletters, and press releases.
- Research and stay informed about relevant issues and policies affecting the organization’s mission.
- Develop and produce written materials, such as press releases, articles, and speeches.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Able to prepare all necessary reports in Nepali and English, have writing and presentation skills and be able to coordinate with local government and stakeholders.
- He/She should have skills and knowledge in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, data analysis and HR management.
- Other desirable skills include stress management, time management, learning attitude, results-oriented and interest in working in geographically remote areas.
- He/She must be able to demonstrate honesty and transparency and must have awareness of GESI
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge in fundraising and donor relations.
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Able to demonstrate honesty and transparency and be gender and inclusion conscious.
Qualified and Interested Nepali individuals are requested to submit their CV, cover letter along with “Application form“, copy of citizenship by 13 Jan 2024 through the firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Any kind of external influence will automatically disqualify the candidate.
All rights related with recruitment process will be held by recruitment committee. Women, Dalit, Sexual and Gender minorities, and people from marginalized community are encouraged to apply. The candidates must be sensitive on safeguarding issues. For the further quires contact to SOSEC Nepal Phone no: 089-410096/410187, www.sosec.org.np.