SOSEC Nepal Dailekh
(Date of Published: 3 January 2024)
SOSEC Nepal, established in 1997, is a non-governmental organization dedicated to enhancing the socio-economic and cultural well-being of rural communities. As a non-profit and non-political organization, SOSEC Nepal collaborates closely with government initiatives, focusing on comprehensive development. Founded by like-minded youths of Dailekh, the organization ensures inclusivity for marginalized groups, including Dalit communities, children, women, and diverse ethnicities. With a primary goal of promoting human rights, health, education, community-based disaster risk reduction, and agricultural development, SOSEC Nepal implementing projects that address the genuine needs of communities, emphasizing skill development over mere input support. The organization operates in coordination & Collaboration with various donors and government agencies across districts in Karnali and Sudurpaschim Provinces, such as Dailekh, Kalikot, Surkhet, Jajarkot, Rukum-west, and Achham. SOSEC Nepal strives to foster positive socio-economic and cultural change. We are following the zero-tolerance policy on violence against women, children and corruption.
SOSEC Nepal is implementing Integrated Water Resource Management Program in partnership with HELVETAS Nepal and in coordination with Dullu Municipality, Chamunda Bindrasaini Municipality, Mahabhu, Dungeswor & Gurans Rural Municipality of Dailekh District and this position will be sole responsible to coordinate and manage the program. SOSEC Nepal is looking qualified, dynamic, competent, and self-motivated Nepali citizens for the implementation of IWRMP in the following positions:
The PC-Engineer is a key position that oversees the IWRMP program and will provide necessary guidance and support to the program team so that the program activities are carried out timely and effective. He/she will formulate and implement the plans and other activities carried out in the working areas in close coordination with funding partner organizations. He/She will be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and reporting of plans and activities in coordination with community members, Palikas, water supply offices, schools, water users committees and other stakeholders at the local level.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION & REQUREMENTs
Adv No.: 006-01-080/81
Position: Program Coordinator-Senior Engineer
Duty Location: Based in Dailekh district headquarters with frequent visit to project areas
Contract Duration: Long term position, renewal in annual basic
Direct reports to: Executive Director/Deputy Executive Director
Matrix Reports: Program Focal Person- HELVETAS Nepal
Report to this position: Field Coordinator, Site engineer, Admin/Finance, Tech-facilitator & other staffs.
Benefit: Salary/Time Off/PF/Gratuity/Insurance/Festival Allowance
Budget Responsibilities: As per the SOD/Project Agreement
Types of Exams: Written and Interview
Education and Experience:
Education: Should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
Experience: At least 3 years of experience in the water and sanitation sector and proven experience in supervisory role. Experience in program designing, managing, monitoring.
Language: A good communicator, and fluent in English and Nepali
Skills and Abilities: Ability to manage, mentor and lead a team; works collaboratively and independently with the least supervision required.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Project Coordinator manages key compliances of projects and responsibilities include the coordination with stakeholders and concerned government authorities of District and Local Government and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects, set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize the progress of project. Prepare reports for senior management regarding the status of the project. Besides the Project Coordinator provides support to the project team through assessment, planning, monitoring and documentation, capacity building support (training and facilitation) and coordination with the project staff to implement the interventions of the project. The team will be led with strong motivation and effective workforce management to manage effective implementation through comprehensive planning and problem-solving approaches. He/She will be the key person in the organization’s development process and fundraising part for the organization. The post requires working closely with the management team members to promote people-centred security provisions. He/She will require to be innovative and problem-solving skills to adapt to changes and multiple priorities
KEY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project Planning & Management:
- Develop comprehensive operational calendar highlighting key milestones and financial projections
- prepare the detailed estimated cost of water and sanitation plans, facilitate the cost estimate approval process and provide the necessary technical support to the field coordinator, sub-engineer and technical facilitator involved in the implementation and pre-post activities.
- Manages timelines and expectations for all program-level activities, ensuring program leads are completing key activities according to program design and strategic plan.
- Ability to integrate multiple projects and cross cutting themes to contribute to strategic objectives.
- Identifying potential risks, developing mitigation strategies and effective risk management in place
- Prepare quality reporting to share with different stakeholders as per the requirements and needs
- Conduct periodic review and reflection to accommodate failures and successes appropriately
- All the audits are conducted timely and responded appropriately against the corrective measures
- Formulate plans and activities, coordinate for feasibility studies and detailed planning surveys
- Serves as the first point of escalation for all program-level risks and issues. Risks and issues should be tracked, monitored, mitigated, communicated, and resolved in a time-sensitive manner.
- Deeply understands the strategic plan for all program areas, ensuring all programs are completing objectives on time.
- Formally conducts needs analysis to inform programmatic decisions and recommendations as required.
- Make sure that program goals and key results set forth in annual plans in line with the strategic plan are achieved timely and with quality standards.
- He/She will prepare the detailed design cost of drinking water and sanitation plans and facilitate the cost estimate approval process and provide necessary technical support to the field coordinators, sub-engineers and technical facilitators involved in the implementation and pre-post activities.
- Facilitate the support for field coordinators, sub-engineers and technical community mobilizers to conduct various training activities of the plan preparation, implementation and post-construction stages.
- Provide necessary assistance to the Drinking Water Users Group to register drinking water plans in the authorized regulatory bodies and ensure registration by the time of completion of the plan.
To develop the capacity of local consumer committees, organizations and communities at Palika and scheme level, prepare various orientations, trainings and seminars plans and for the training assist and coordinate the team as per the requirement.
- He/She will be responsible for home visits, group discussions and regular monitoring to ensure the indicators of hygiene and cleanliness in the community are efficiently achieved. He/ She is also responsible to make the community to adopt the self-monitoring and evaluation method.
- Ensures the meaningful participation of gender, social inclusion and marginalized groups and women in the community in a decisive role in the implementation of various stages and steps adopted during the implementation of the plan.
- Facilitate public hearings, reviews and trials and ensure the practice of collective accountability, transparency and good governance.
- Coordinate and participate in municipal and rural municipality coordination committee meetings.
- Regularly review work progress and regularly participate in monitoring of plans and programs.
- In the case of payment to the user committee, the Project Coordinator will check the measurements evaluated by the field coordinator or technical facilitator and proceed with the work for the payment process.
- Assist the executive director in submitting the quarterly progress report (e-copy) and annual progress report in the form of a booklet (hard copy) of the activities carried out in the integrated water resource management program within the stipulated time frame.
- Develop and implement systems for effective documentation of program activities and ensure that all program-related documents are maintained properly and are easily accessible to relevant staff members.
- Lead the team to manage the provided resources with efficient and responsible manner
- Programme Quality
- Ensures that the programs have minimum quality benchmarks/standards in place and is exclusively followed at all levels.
- Ensures the M & E plans, log-frame of the project and themes is well familiar and understood by staff of related themes, is exclusively used and reported.
- Ensures that all action plans developed after project reviews, monitoring visits, evaluations and assessments are followed up and completed by respective themes on time.
- Identifies strengths and improvement areas of staff members for quality delivery of the projects and comes up with plans to improve such gaps via coaching, mentoring, on the spot support etc.
- Is responsible to coordinate with MEAL for analysing data, identifying concerns or learnings and scaling up to Field Officers/Mobilizers/MEAL or as relevant that data from including development of Quality Benchmarks.
- Capacity Building
- Conduct periodic staff performance appraisals against the set performance objectives contributing to programme deliverables with proper performance management system in place
- Demonstrate strong leadership to coach, mentor and guide the team in delivering their plan/tasks
- Conduct regular capacity assessment of team member and provide needful support to demonstrate better leadership
- Support to Executive Director to ensure staffs are clear on their assigned tasks, safeguarding and zero tolerance policies
- regular guidance, mobilization and supervision of all the staffs working in the program taking the leadership of the staffs working in the team.
- Support and encourage the team to adapt to change and ability to accommodate new learning and guidance/requirements including the contexts such as emergencies.
- Monitoring, Reporting & Documentation
- Lead the team in managing validated data and information to reflect programme results on timely basis
- Ensure that all the programme data are recorded in digital platform within deadline
- Support team in best utilize the provided digital platforms to input correct data and regular review and analysis of the data and information
- Strongly lead the team in maintaining integrity in data and information management
- Provide factual and accurate data and information as required by the system or requirements timely
- Produce periodic reports on community feedback, MEAL results in order to review, analyse and make corrective measures to excel quality delivery timely
- Ensure that all the findings from the field monitoring are recorded in the quality benchmark system and accountability system and necessary action plan are made
- Ensure the use of quality benchmarks/minimum quality standards/implementation guideline during monitoring visit.
- Conduct data-based discussion in periodic basis in collaboration with MEAL staff and develop necessary action plan for quality programming
- Monitor program expenses and ensure that they are within the approved budget and that all financial transactions are properly documented.
- Coordination, Collaboration and Networking
- Develop strong coordination with local, district government to profile programme advocacy efforts with appropriate means and platforms
- Maintain close coordination with other departments especially with Documentation and Reporting, MEAL, Finance for effective implementation of the project.
- Convene strategic coordination and collaborations with relevant stakeholders to share the resources and produce greater impact
- Provide strong and strategic leadership on team cohesion to avoid conflict and promote encouraging and conducive working environment
- Manage effective communication and coordination with staff, supervisor and all relevant stakeholders to manage programme effectively
- Child and Women safeguarding
- Manage all the working environment in the office and working areas are child and female sensitive
- Guide the team and organization in managing protection related matters appropriately
- Lead the organization in complying with all child and adult safe guarding policies, requirements and audits
- Comply with SOSEC policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure zero tolerance policy of the organization within the project.
- Organization Development
- Support in facilitating and preparing draft guidelines, policies, and programs as per the need in coordination with Palikas, the district and provincial government and stakeholders.
- Ensures programmatic and financial accountability including tracking of program progress and budget expense in the use of funds and achievement of all related projects in alignment with the Annual Plan and phased budget.
- Ensures that programs meet Minimum Operating Standards of key programmatic interventions including Gender and Social Inclusion principles.
- Identifies best practices, problems and issues around program implementation and works toward finding solutions for improvements, documenting, and disseminating in consultation with relevant departments and themes.
- Contribute towards developing and implementing new ideas/innovations and the documentation of processes and results, based on learning.
- Develop a sharing and learning culture within the organization for promoting best practices from related programs to other programs.
- Ensure proper documentation of the project including learning, lessons learned, best practices, case studies. In this context coordinate with Media and Communication, Program Planning and Documentation unit to develop the documentation plan and dissemination at various levels.
- Presentation skill to highlight on the areas of success and failures with qualitative and quantitative data and relevant information
- Strong project management skills including budgeting, planning, and goal setting.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Able to prepare all necessary reports in Nepali and English, have writing and presentation skills and be able to coordinate with local government and stakeholders.
- He/ She must have skills and knowledge in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, data analysis and HR management.
- Knowledge and skills in preparing survey, design and cost estimate of drinking water and sanitation schemes will be given priority.
- Other desirable skills include stress management, time management, learning attitude, results-oriented and interest in working in geographically remote areas.
- He/She must be able to demonstrate honesty and transparency and must have awareness of GESI
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge in fundraising and donor relations.
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Good in using IT tools (MS word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Preference will be given to those who can prepare survey, design, and cost estimates for drinking water and sanitation plans.
- Able to demonstrate honesty and transparency and be gender and inclusion conscious.
Qualified and Interested Nepali individuals are requested to submit their CV, cover letter along with “Application form“, copy of citizenship by 13 Jan 2024 through the email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Any kind of external influence will automatically disqualify the candidate.
All rights related with recruitment process will be held by recruitment committee. Women, Dalit, Sexual and Gender minorities, and people from marginalized community are encouraged to apply. The candidates must be sensitive on safeguarding issues. For the further quires contact to SOSEC Nepal Phone no: 089-410096/410187, www.sosec.org.np.