(Date of Publication: 19th September 2023)
SOSEC Nepal is working giving high priority and sensitivity to the rights of women, children, and youth empowerment. It works with various development partner organizations to obtain the rights of women, children, the Raute community, marginalized people and communities which are highly impacted by discrimination and inequality in Dailekh, Kalikot, and Surkhet districts of Karnali province, and Achham district of Sudurpaschim province of Nepal, using the integrated development approach. The organization is also adopting a zero-tolerance policy on violence against women, children and corruption.
SOSEC Nepal is going to implement project named “Girls Matter: Addressing Discrimination, and promoting Nutrition, WASH and Social Justice in the selected Municipalities of Karnali)” in partnership with UNICEF Nepal and in coordination with Dullu Municipality of Dailekh district and Chaukune Rural Municipality of Surkhet District. This project aims to promote nutrition status, Child protection, WASH and social justice in selected municipalities i.e: Dullu Municipality, Dailekh and Chaukune Rural Municipality, Surkhet of Karnali province. The project seeks to combat discrimination and inequality by working with marginalized communities, especially women and girls, to enhance their access to basic services and advance their rights. The project will be carried out in collaboration with various government bodies and other stakeholders. Its activities include awareness-raising campaigns, capacity-building workshops, and the provision of basic services like healthcare, nutrition, and education. The project also seeks to empower marginalized communities by promoting their participation in decision-making processes and strengthening their social networks.
SOSEC Nepal is looking for qualified, dynamic, competent, and self-motivated Nepali citizens in Dailekh and Surkhet (Chaukune Rural Municipality and Dullu Municipality) for the Girls Matter project for immediate deployment to the field, subject to donor approval, for the following positions:
Advertised No : 003-01-080/81
Designation : Sub Engineer (WASH)
Number of Position : One (1)
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Engineer (WASH), the Sub-Engineer of the Girl’s Matter project effectively manages Schools, health posts and the Community construction site of the project, to achieve time, cost, quality and safety. He/she is responsible to ensure construction site in compliance with drawings, specification, regularity requirements, and in accordance with timeline programs, implementation plan, and operational procedure. He/she is responsible for the effective coordination with the stakeholders and concerned government authorities. He/ She oversees the elements and programs of the project and prepare document of WASH facility improvement. He/ She is responsible for seeking opportunities for collaboration in the project or program from local government and other stakeholders. The Sub- Engineer (WASH) will be charged 100% from the Girls Matters Project
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Strategy and Programme Development
- Directly Supervise the construction activities on individual health post, school and community sites as instructed by the Senior Engineer.
- Work collaboratively with school management committee, Health management committee and community stakeholders to build the ownership of the project.
- Ensure effective and timely implementation of the project and its documentation.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders, including government officials, partners, and community members, to ensure that program activities are well-coordinated and that the organization’s interests are represented.
- Check quality and quantity of materials delivered to the construction site in timely manner.
- Brief any visitors to site and ensure that all workers and visitors comply with the Safety System at Work as part of the project health and safety plan.
- Ensure quality control of implemented project sites by quality check report keeping.
- Take support from engineer while solving technical and construction management.
- Documentation and Reporting
- Collect both qualitative and quantitative data from field as and when required, assist on data processing and document them in the proper manner,
- Work in the compilation and development of project reports; the preparation of case stories; collection of feedback and learning for developmental evaluation; in coordination with the Program officer and Senior Engineer, MEAL and documentation teams.
- Focused on evidence generation of the project actions, needs of the schools and youth for WASH and climate adaptive practices and know-how to be developed in the succeeding period.
- Coordination and Collaboration
- Establish and maintain close collaboration with the Dullu Municipality, and Chakune Rural Municipality, the Girls Matter project team, the School, Health centre, child clubs, youth clubs, adolescents club, Child Rights Committee and other stakeholders for the synergetic implementation of the project.
- Work closely with the project coordinator to ensure the successful implementation of the envisioned Girls Matter project.
- Any other tasks developed during the implementation of the project.
- Sector Knowledge/competency:
- Knowledge on empowerment approaches
- Basic understanding of Government policy, programmed priorities, needs and issues in relation the sector priorities
- Basic understanding of UNICEF WASH, Social Justice, protection and nutrition Sector and RUPANTARAN packages.
- Capacity building
- Skills on planning and capacity building of teachers, SMC Health Volunteers, Child Rights Committee, Child Club, Adolescents club and community members.
- Using tools developed for capacity building
- Skills on project staffs mentoring and onsite support
- Good Facilitation skills
- Good Communication skills
- Relationship Management
- Basic understanding on the importance of Networking and Liaise with Local and Province level Government,
- Good meeting facilitation and documentation skills
- Presentation skills in different forum and network
- Project Management:
- Implementation skills on planned activities
- Good reporting skills
- Good understanding on financial management system like supporting documents for voucher, advance settlement process etc.
- Good communication skills to deal with project team and stakeholders
- Mobilizing Child Rights Committee Members, Child club Network and Health volunteers.
- Experience of collecting information from the community
- Knowledge to understand assessment process and findings
- Skills to do FGDs, KII and Interview as a part of assessment/evaluation
- Diploma in Civil Engineering with minimum 2 years’ Experience in survey, design, estimation, drawing in WASH projects.
- At least two years of relevant work experience in program management, preferably with an NGO.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required
INFORMATION ABOUT EXAM:
- Types of Exam : Written and Interview
- Publication of Short list : 26th September, 2023
- Date of Exam : Conformed after Shortlist for Shortlisted Candidates only.
- Service & Facilities : As per Organization’s rules and regulation
Interested candidates are requested to submit their cover letter along with provided CV format at https://sosec.org.np/np/?p=3471 photocopies of citizenship and qualification by 25th September 2023 in firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Any kind of external influence will automatically disqualify the candidate. All rights related with recruitment process will be held by recruitment committee.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Women, Dalit, Sexual and Gender minorities, and people from marginalized community are encouraged to apply. The candidates must be sensitive on safeguarding issues.
For more details
Phone no: 089-410096/410187
Fax no: 089-410093
Visit website: www.sosec.org.np